Sunday, November 20, 2005

Distribute Personal Information

With my new Tablet PC I developed the wish to have my personal information managed with multiple PCs. Outlook seems to be the only mainstream choice of PIM client still. It syncs with my PDA and "mostly" with my cell phone. But to share the Outlook.pst content with multiple computers I would need to setup an Exchange server... on a Windows server... hmm, nop, too much Microsoft. So I'm probably gonna look into Sync4j some day.
EMails, I should read only per web interface I guess. But maybe I want to look up an old Email when I'm not online... or write lots of offline Emails to send in one go...
For my bookmarks I've found netvouz to be a quite usable service. It would even provide a RSS feed for live bookmarks in Firefox, but I miss the hierarchy with categories for that purpose. So I use the web interface to work with and manually export the bookmarks as XML for a local backup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home