Thursday, November 17, 2005

Tablet PC TC1100

I've got my new Tablet PC!
Even thought the TC1100 seems to be quite an old model already, it seemed to me the closest to a "tablet". Others are heavier and/or bigger. Because as a gonna-be tablet-user I don't plan to use the keyboard a lot, I don't mind the small, maybe a little fragile TC1100 keyboard. With convertibles you always carry your keyboard with you, making them bigger and less handy.
Here some pros and cons fed by my first impression...
...on Tablet PCs in general
+ really no mouse needed anymore
+ "mouse" gestures are handy (eg. extension for FireFox)
- active digitizer ("mouse hovering" not really needed, is it)
- Ctrl-Mouse-Click features not usable
...on the TC1100
+ nice and small
+ robust glass screen
- only 1024x768 (check-out Toshiba Portege M200 with 1400x1050)
- non-mappable, useless screen-switch-button
...on Windows XP Tablet
- still Windows ;) (some day I have to give Linux on TC1100 a try!)
+ handwriting recognition
- speech recognition
- how to get rid of the TIP toolbar in the taskbar?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home